Head of Women's
Faherty Brand is a New York-based lifestyle and apparel brand founded in 2013 by twin brothers Mike and Alex Faherty with the goal of creating the highest quality clothing for life’s great moments. Mike and Alex gained valuable work experience prior to founding Faherty Brand. Mike spent a decade in design at Ralph Lauren’s RRL and Alex spent a decade on Wall Street in Private Equity. Having grown up surfing and with a shared love of the beach, our company’s beach culture is authentically inherent to our brand’s DNA. We’re committed to designing clothes for all seasons with unwavering craftsmanship, premium materials, and a focus on sustainability. This positions us uniquely in the space and creates one of the biggest opportunities in retail.
We have retail stores in Soho and the West Village of New York City, Newport Beach and Malibu, California, and Nantucket and Boston, Massachusetts and more to come. Our retail, e-commerce, catalog and wholesale businesses are growing at awesome rates. We wholesale to the world’s finest retailers, such as Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Mr. Porter and more.
Our team of leaders consists of individuals from retail and technology companies who deliver on our promise and seize the opportunity. Our goal is to be the world’s most sought-after apparel company. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas and a better experience.
We live by the Faherty core values:
- Be the best
- Deliver on promises
- Live good vibes
- Never stop reaching
- Encourage greatness always
Is this job for you?
This job is for you if you want to lead your own team, have a relentless drive to innovate, can work directly with the CEO, Creative Director, and President in a rapidly growing brand and have the aptitude lead the vision of Faherty’s women’s design.
You will be responsible managing the entire women’s business, which currently covers all categories with 300-400 unique styles per year. You will take the lead in creating iconic women’s pieces, owning the entire concept from the beginning to end, and leading the merchandise marketing direction for E-commerce and retail. You will spread head the Faherty woman!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze and strategize on pre-season and in-season plans to align product, sales, margins, and inventory across all revenue channels
- Lead product design meetings and provide merchant feedback as needed
- Concept key styles that will become commercial icons
- Develop and manage seasonal design calendars
- Lead process of developing, updating and enhancing tools, and process that supports financial forecasting and product planning
- Manage all cost and margin components of the business to assist all team members in meeting financial targets while adhering to Faherty’s core values
- Directly grow, manage and nurture a best in class women’s design and merchandising team
- Lead pre-season workstreams to create comprehensive style-color level plans, including flow of goods, initial mark-up, average unit retail, average unit cost, and net margins
- Create and manage pre-season merchandise strategies, product line plans and financial plans for all product
- Identify growth opportunities and maximize returns by balancing current trends, future trends, and past successes
- Report on previous quarter results; identify and inform Design and Product Development of missed opportunities and growth drivers over prior year
- Partner with Production to monitor costing to meet defined margin objectives
- Set projection due dates in conjunction with the Production team
- Direct color palates, SKU’s and design team
- Approve all garment fittings and styles
- Oversee seasonal re-order process from all divisions
- Partner with Visual Lead and Director of Retail to enhance in-store presentations – ensuring big product stories and the brand point of view are represented
- Provide constant updates on business, product performance and highlight product sales that exceed or fall short of budget
- Lead on-going analysis and interpretation of customer needs, market trends, and product performance
- Frequently initiate in conversation with cross functional partners to diagnose potential risks or opportunities and action current or future changes
- Partner closely with the E-commerce and Marketing team to ensure the product is aligned across all sales channels
- Work with Marketing to ensure the vision of the Faherty woman is being portrayed across all digital and print initiatives
Must have qualifications include:
- At least (7) seven years retail merchandising or buying experience
- Trend understanding with industry awareness and knowledge of contemporary brands
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
- Goal oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced managing a team and a passion for growing a team
- Already a Faherty fan!
Benefits of working at Faherty Brand:
- Headquarters in Tribeca, NYC
- Team birthday celebrations
- Concert invitations
- Collegial team, supportive work environment, and culture
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health insurance coverage
- Quarterly clothing allowance plus discounts
- Commuter benefits
- Free cold brew coffee at the office