Title: Product Developer
Manager: Director of Product Development
Min Salary: $53k/Average Salary: $71k/High Salary: $95k
Faherty Brand is a New York-based lifestyle and apparel brand founded in 2013 by twin brothers Mike and Alex Faherty with the goal of creating the highest quality clothing for life’s great moments. Having grown up surfing and with a shared love of the beach, our company’s beach culture is authentically inherent to our brand’s DNA. We’re committed to designing clothes for all seasons with unwavering craftsmanship, premium materials, and a focus on sustainability. This positions us uniquely in the space and creates one of the biggest opportunities in retail.
We have retail stores in Soho and the West Village of New York City, Newport Beach and Malibu, California, and Nantucket and Boston, Massachusetts. Our retail, e-commerce, catalog and wholesale businesses are growing at staggering rates.
We brought together leaders from the top retail and technology companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas and a better experience.
What You’ll Do:
The ideal product developer is attentive to quality, detail, and has a strong degree of ownership. Successful candidates are excellent communicators and problem solvers that can manage competing priorities. Being highly adaptable is a must.
- Responsible for product creation and communication from design hand-off to production
- Tech pack creation and revision throughout the product lifeline
- Communicating with agents and manufacturers
- Provides technical solution support relevant to design
- Coordinates with tech design to process proto/ PPS/ TOP samples for fit, quality, execution and construction;
- Coordinates all sample ordering, tracking, check in.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams to insure product success
- Manages the time line for development calendar
- Manage work in progress (WIP) tracking and reporting for product development/ production
- Work with CEO and merch lead to place bulk orders and negotiate pricing.
Must Have Qualifications:
- 4 year degree in Textile, Fashion Merchandising, Design or equivalent years of experience
- Experience in all categories of woman’s wear including knits and wovens
- A minimum of five years experience in product development, design or production in garment manufacturing
- Strong problem solving and negotiating skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization in the product development process
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in use of programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Google docs,