Assistant Manager - Boston
Faherty Brand is looking for an Assistant Manager for its new Boston Flagship store on Newbury Street. This is an exciting opportunity to play an integral role in the development of a new market for a fast-growing lifestyle brand. We are looking for someone who tackles projects from a strategic and creative approach, and inspires others with a positive, can-do attitude. This position is for the candidate who wants to jump in headfirst to make an immediate impact, work in a collaborative team environment, and set a high bar with her commitment to superior customer service.
Leadership – We are looking for a person who will take the lead both on the sales floor and in developing Sales Associates. Previous experience in retail sales is strongly preferred. The successful Assistant Manager will be excited to live and perpetuate the Faherty lifestyle.
Conversation: We are looking for a storyteller. Someone who loves talking to our customers, learning about their lives, forming relationships, and sharing who Faherty is, both as people and a brand.
Customer Service. Our customers are the most important part of our brand and our success. We are looking for someone to develop relationships with people in the neighborhood and beyond, who will bend over backward to make each person have a great experience when they walk in, and who will assist with meeting needs. We want each person who walks in to our store to feel like they’re visiting an old friend.
Merchandising: We are looking for someone who will be obsessed with making the store look great. All the time. It’s clean, organized, stylish, fresh, and the clothes look great on the shelves and the mannequins. When customers come in, we want the store to feel like a mini-retreat from the crazy streets, where they can relax while enjoying everything from the clothes, music, the scents, the lighting, and the team’s energy.
Marketing: We are looking for someone who can spread the word. We’re talking outreach, collaborations, and events. Want to host a meditation in the store? Have live music? Do a personal shopping night? Have a food or drink tasting? Make it happen.
Operations: We need someone who can RUN stuff, and do it with detail and efficiency. Maybe you like binders, maybe checklists are your thing, but we have high expectations you will be able manage what’s on your day to day plate, whether it be inventory, scheduling, payroll, or bigger picture initiatives.
Communication: We need someone who can speak up, loop us in with what’s going on, constantly talk to our small team at HQ, as well as our Faherty teams at other locations, and keep us updated on what’s working and what’s not.
We Work Fast. We Get It Done. We Have Fun Doing it. If you meet the below qualities, please apply.
- You’re motivated. You dream big and have lofty goals. You take initiative to figure out what needs to get done and you make it happen.
- You love people. All types, from the regular customers to tourists to your team to the FedEx guy who makes deliveries everyday and even the dog that stops in for a daily treat. You’re kind. And you hate drama.
- You’re a problem solver. You don’t complain. You figure out what the problem is and then you fix it. If you need help, you ask for it. And you’re positive as you do it.
- You love to learn. You love learning new skills, new tasks, and the art of mastering it. You have curiosity and like to have your hand in a lot of things.
- You’re laidback but Type A: You come across as laidback because you love to have a good time, but secretly you’re a high achieving perfectionist. This is a magical pairing that almost all of us at Faherty have.
- Physical requirements – ability to stand for long periods of time, walk up and down stairs, lift boxes, perform general maintenance and cleaning duties as needed, availability to work evenings and weekends.
Faherty Brand is a New York-based lifestyle and apparel brand founded in 2013 by twin brothers Mike and Alex Faherty with the goal of creating the highest quality clothing for life’s great moments. Having grown up surfing and with a shared love of the beach, our company’s beach culture is authentically inherent to our brand’s DNA. We’re committed to designing clothes for all seasons with unwavering craftsmanship, premium materials, and a focus on sustainability.
We recently opened our sixth brick and mortar location and now have retail stores in SoHo and the West Village of New York City, Newport Beach and Malibu, California, and Nantucket and Boston, Massachusetts. Our retail, e-commerce, catalog and wholesale businesses are growing at staggering rates. Our wholesale partners are some of the best retailers in the world including Barneys, Nordstrom, Mr. Porter, MatchesFashion.com, Huckberry.com, and STAG.