Senior Accountant - Faherty HQ in Tribeca, NYC
We’re a New York-based lifestyle and apparel brand founded in 2013 by twin brothers Mike and Alex Faherty with the aim of creating clothing for life’s great moments. From a childhood filled with surfing and a shared love of the beach, beach culture is authentically inherent to our brand’s DNA. We’re committed to designing clothes for all seasons with unwavering craftsmanship, premium materials, and a focus on sustainability.
We recently opened our sixth brick and mortar location and now have retail stores in Soho and the West Village of New York City, Newport Beach and Malibu, California, and Nantucket and Boston, Massachusetts. Our retail, e-commerce, catalog and wholesale businesses are growing at staggering rates. Our wholesale partners are some of the best retailers in the world including Barneys, Nordstrom, Mr. Porter, MatchesFashion.com, Huckberry.com, and STAG.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for a wide range of finance workflows, including accounts payable and accounts receivable, and will also assist with ad hoc financial analyses. The accountant will report to the Director of Finance and be integral in the compilation and review of financials. He or she will also be involved in formulating, assessing, and instituting recommendations to reduce costs and improve financial performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate monthly close process through posting entries and management of accounting schedules
- Prepare monthly cash reconciliation through review of bank and credit card statements
- Assist in the preparation of business analytics and commentary
- Oversee end-to-end accounts payable process and provide management with cashflow, aging, and liquidity reporting
- Post customer payments, resolve valid or authorized deductions, and follow up and collect outstanding receivables
- Collaborate with wholesale manager, sales team, and customers to verify and correct accounts receivable discrepancies
- Support finance and operations team with ad-hoc requests
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient with Quickbooks software and Microsoft Excel a must
- Two to four years of accounting experience, exposure to general ledger, accounts receivable and payable workflows a plus
- Basic accrual accounting knowledge and understanding of financial statements
- Strong time management and communication skills
- Team player who is comfortable working in a highly cross-functional organization
- Attention to detail and extremely thorough
- Familiarity with Bill.com and/or Expensify a plus
- Experience within retail, production, and apparel industries a plus