Sales Lead - Boston, MA
Faherty Brand is a New York-based lifestyle and apparel brand founded in 2013 by twin brothers Mike and Alex Faherty with the goal of creating the highest quality clothing for life’s great moments. Mike and Alex gained valuable work experience prior to founding Faherty Brand. Mike spent a decade in design at Ralph Lauren’s RRL and Alex spent a decade on Wall Street in Private Equity. Having grown up surfing and with a shared love of the beach, our company’s beach culture is authentically inherent to our brand’s DNA. We’re committed to designing clothes for all seasons with unwavering craftsmanship, premium materials, and a focus on sustainability. This positions us uniquely in the space and creates one of the biggest opportunities in retail.
We have retail stores in Soho and the West Village of New York City, Newport Beach and Malibu, California, and Nantucket and Boston, Massachusetts and more to come. Our retail, e-commerce, catalog and wholesale businesses are growing at awesome rates. We wholesale to the world’s finest retailers, such as Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Mr. Porter and more.
Our team of leaders consists of individuals from retail and technology companies who deliver on our promise and seize the opportunity. Our goal is to be the world’s most sought-after apparel company. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas and a better experience.
We live by the Faherty core values:
- Be the best
- Deliver on promises
- Spread good vibes
- Be better together
- Stay Authentic
The Faherty Brand Sales Lead is responsible for setting the example of an “ideal” retail store Sales Associate and ambassador for the organization. The individual will play an active role in assisting the store management team with store operations, interacting with customers to problem solve issues, assisting in the sales process and ensuring an outstanding customer experience. The Store Lead represents the brand, operates in a professional manner, engages customers, maintains store standards and supports teamwork. He/she has a direct reporting relationship to the Store Manager and this role is a developmental opportunity in preparation for a management position.
- Contribute to the creation of an outstanding in-store experience for the Faherty customer
- Execute floor leadership. Own the sales floor with the Store Manager by greeting all customers in a professional, friendly, and timely manner, as well as answering phones and directing customer inquiries
- Set the ideal example of an exceptional Faherty Sales Associate – be the one other Sales Associates look to for guidance on how to succeed
- Achieve specific sales goals as assigned by Faherty management through a focus on exceptional customer service and relationship maintenance
- Work with Faherty management team in opening, closing and operating the store, including but not limited to cash handling and deposits as requested by store Manager
- Assist with inventory counts and periodic cycle counts as needed
- Assist in maintaining store appearance and merchandising standards
- Assist in other tasks, duties, or projects as assigned by management
- Serves as a positive role model for others in driving and maintaining high standards throughout the store while ensuring the integrity of the Faherty brand
- Supports and participates in all company training and developmental initiatives
- Fosters a positive work environment and provides direct, honest feedback in a timely manner
- Possesses the ability to model, encourage and demonstrate exceptional customer service behaviors while on the sales floor
- Represents the company in a professional and positive manner
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Retail, customer service and apparel experience
- Inventory experience
- Experience working at a startup
- Worked with our current platforms: RLM, Springboard and Shopify
- A fan of Faherty!
If interested in applying, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org