Faherty Brand is a New York-based lifestyle and apparel brand founded in 2013 by twin brothers Mike and Alex Faherty with the goal of creating the highest quality clothing for life’s great moments. Having grown up surfing and with a shared love of the beach, our company’s beach culture is authentically inherent to our brand’s DNA. We’re committed to designing clothes for all seasons with unwavering craftsmanship, premium materials, and a focus on sustainability.
We recently opened our sixth brick and mortar location and now have retail stores in Soho and the West Village of New York City, Newport Beach and Malibu, California, and Nantucket and Boston, Massachusetts. Our retail, e-commerce, catalog and wholesale businesses are growing at staggering rates. Our wholesale partners are some of the best retailers in the world including Barneys, Nordstrom, Mr. Porter, MatchesFashion.com, Huckberry.com, and STAG.
The Logistician will be responsible for analyzing and managing the supply chain of Faherty Brand’s products from the design and product development stage to the manufacturing at our suppliers’ facilities and final delivery to our U.S. customers. She will be responsible for overseeing and managing the entire lifecycle of our seasonal clothing collections manufactured in Peru and Asia, with special focus in Peru. This includes overseeing work performed by our design/product development team, negotiating with suppliers and directing suppliers’ teams to ensure that high-quality collections are available on time in our online and brick & mortar stores, as well as in our customers’ locations, which include Barney’s, Huckberry, Mr. Porter, Nordstroms, etc.
The logistician will also be responsible for creating and growing business relationships with international suppliers, with special focus in Peru, to expand and improve our supplier base in vendor countries.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Project Management & Supply Chain (30%)
- Managing the logistical aspects of the collection to ensure on-time delivery to our customers. This will include working and coordinating with our and our suppliers’ design/product development teams to prepare production schedules, which will specify milestones and deadlines for product development, manufacturing and material purchasing for every seasonal collection at garment sampling or bulk order stage.
- Planning and ensuring that all materials and resources are allocated and purchased within the production timeline. The logistician will prepare Gant Charts and Time-&-Action Schedules (T&A) to plan and ensure that fabric materials and trims are developed, approved, purchased and transported from multiple international suppliers and be available at multiple garment factories on a timely manner and at the most cost-effective price for Faherty.
- Monitoring the production status of garment bulk and sampling orders by analyzing Work-In-Progress Reports (WIPs), Gant Charts, Time-&-Action Schedules (T&A), and leading design/product development teams at Faherty and factories to ensure that production and Time-&-Action Schedules (T&A) are executed within deadlines at the most cost-effective price for Faherty
Purchasing & Logistics (20%)
- Directing the on-time allocation of garment purchase orders in Asia and the Americas, ensuring that technical capabilities, specific product expertise and lead-times at selected factories allow Faherty to achieve its quality, inventory and profitability goals
- Supervising the creation of garment and material purchase orders in our enterprise resource planning system (ERP) – RLM for multiple suppliers, ensuring that they correspond to negotiated terms, price and delivery dates as well as confirming acceptance within the production schedule and Faherty profitability goals
- Negotiating with factories and suppliers to get the most profitable cost, the soonest delivery dates, the highest quality levels and the most convenient payment terms for Faherty. In this international environment, the logistician will have to display an array of negotiating techniques depending on the culture, business practices and International Trade regulations of each vendor country.
- Ensuring that the best alternatives to negotiating agreements are available to Faherty. In case that negotiation impasses occur at any point of costing, product development or manufacturing process, the logistician will have a contingency plan ready to develop, source, and transport the product at the next most convenient alternative in terms of costs, lead-times and quality.
- Negotiating chargeback amounts and discounts when quality and delivery dates agreed on the Purchase Order are not achieved by the factory or material supplier. The logistician will determine the amount or percentage discount based on the additional costs or profit loss caused to Faherty due to the specific non-compliance matter
Costing and Cost Management (10%)
- Designing strategies to minimize the cost and time required to produce and transport apparel products. This includes understanding client’s needs and working closely with Faherty Design/Product Development Team to ensure that final products meet clients’ needs but at the same time, that product costs meet Faherty’s profitability goals
- Costing and analyzing garment-components costs and similar product costs across factories ensuring that we are paying fair and consistent prices. The logistician will keep records of costing sheets for all product categories and seasonal collections and factories and will analyze them to set cost targets for Faherty.
- Determining landed duty paid costs (LDP) and mark-up margins (IMU) to ensure that our profitability goals are being accomplished. The logistician will work with the wholesale sales team to determine mark-up margins and wholesale/retail pricing. In some occasions, the logistician will work to renegotiate costing with factories and suppliers when Faherty wholesale and retail pricing and tactics require costing adjustments
Product Development & Quality Assurance (10%)
- Leading the product development processes at multiple factories by communicating the needs of our design/product development department, approving materials and directing factory teams to execute and submit prototypes, salesman samples and pre-production samples to meet technical feasibility and production schedules. In this process the logistician will distribute Technical Packages, which includes material descriptions, product specifications and supplier information
- Ensuring that product samples correspond to original designs, product specifications and quality requirements, and advising on production feasibility and timelines between purchase order allocation, production, order fulfillment and order delivery to Faherty Brand’s online store, brick & mortar locations and wholesale customers
Operations Analysis and performance analysis – (10%)
- Reviewing operations and supply chain processes to identify areas of improvement and develop strategies to propose to management. The logistician will analyze the current supply chain processes, operation and transportation methods to determine processing times, slack time and efficiency rates, identifying opportunities of improvement and propose strategies and changes to management
- Preparing Process Flow Diagrams, Pareto Charts, and any other graphic information or reports to analyze operations and present to management
- Reviewing logistics performance with suppliers and Faherty’s management team, to ensure that all parties involved are meeting or exceeding targets, benchmarks, and service agreements
Vendor Acquisition & Business Relationships (Permanent)
- Creating and developing new business relationships with apparel and material suppliers with especial focus in Peruvian suppliers due to the cotton quality and duty benefits available in that country. This includes supplier evaluation in terms of supply chain capabilities and capacities, expertise in specific product categories and types of products, leadtimes, costs and execution of garment production.
- Growing business relationships with current suppliers, monitoring their performance, providing support to overcome capacity and capability issues, establishing quality assurance processes and guidelines.
- Communicating complex production and product development information with multiple internal and external stakeholders of Faherty’s supply chain, such as product development teams at garment factories, fabric mills, trim suppliers and Faherty’s design/product development team, wholesale teams, planning and inbound logistics teams
- Working as liaison between Faherty Brand’s design/product development and wholesale sales teams and international suppliers. In communicating with different international factories and suppliers, who are established in different business environments, the logistician will be able to select the most effective channels and ways to ensure that Faherty goals involving inventory, deadlines, quality assurance requirements and transportation, are clearly understood and applied by international vendors
Managing and Influencing People and Organizations (Permanent)
- The logistician at Faherty will lead by influence to oversee the work of our design/product development team to achieve product development deadlines and costs goals.
- The logistician will also work with our wholesale representatives to match production schedule with our customers’ deadlines and needs.
- Finally, Faherty’s logistician will lead internal cross-functional teams to develop, organize and implement logistics improvement projects, setting team goals and participate defining accountable parties and project owners.
- MBA, Master of Business Administration
- At least 5 years of experience in operations, business development and/or logistics in an apparel company with international operations
- Knowledge of apparel suppliers available in Americas and Asia. (To bring its own portfolio of suppliers in Peru or Asia is preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects with time-sensitive priorities and present deliverables with various degrees of complexity
- Strong background in sourcing processes, costing analysis, supplier analysis, international business and continuous improvement techniques
- Superior organizational skills, communication and presentation skills, team management, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Extensive knowledge of garment manufacturing, garment materials and product development.
Benefits of working at Faherty Brand
- Free cold brew coffee at the office!
- Headquarters in Tribeca, NYC
- Team birthday celebrations
- Concert invites
- Unparalleled team, work environment and culture
- Flexible vacation policy
- Health, Dental and Vision Options
- Quarterly clothing allowance plus discounts
If interested in applying, please email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.