Associate Buyer - NYC
Faherty Brand is a New York-based lifestyle and apparel brand founded in 2013 by twin brothers Mike and Alex Faherty with the goal of creating the highest quality clothing for life’s great moments. Mike and Alex gained valuable work experience prior to founding Faherty Brand. Mike spent a decade in design at Ralph Lauren’s RRL and Alex spent a decade on Wall Street in Private Equity. Having grown up surfing and with a shared love of the beach, our company’s beach culture is authentically inherent to our brand’s DNA. We’re committed to designing clothes for all seasons with unwavering craftsmanship, premium materials, and a focus on sustainability. This positions us uniquely in the space and creates one of the biggest opportunities in retail.
We have retail stores in Soho and the West Village of New York City, Newport Beach and Malibu, California, and Nantucket and Boston, Massachusetts and more to come. Our retail, e-commerce, catalog and wholesale businesses are growing at awesome rates. We wholesale to the world’s finest retailers, such as Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Mr. Porter and more.
Our team of leaders consists of individuals from retail and technology companies who deliver on our promise and seize the opportunity. Our goal is to be the world’s most sought-after apparel company. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas and a better experience.
We live by the Faherty core values:
- Be the best
- Deliver on promises
- Spread good vibes
- Be better together
- Stay authentic
What You’ll Do:
The ideal buyer has a strong degree of ownership and is prepared to own allocation of Branded and third-party merchandise across our expanding retail channel. This position will be responsible for forecasting top line sales, markdowns and inventory levels on a regular basis and identify action plans to capitalize on opportunities or mitigate risks within the business. The long-term objective of this role is to develop and enact strategies that will set up our direct to consumer business for success and sustainable growth. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, an excellent communicator and problem solver that can manage competing priorities. Being highly adaptable is a must to effectively manage the dynamic needs of our growing business.
- Manage and maintain inventory targets for all retail location with emphasis on maximizing sell though and sales margins
- Collaborate with the merchandising and marketing teams to manage all promotions and markdowns
- Analyze sales data, communicate results, and make recommendations for further actions (markdowns, category resets, merch swaps, etc.)
- Manage all product allocation and ensure that B&M is stocked with the right product at the right time
- Gather insights from historical sales data to gain an edge on current year selling opportunities
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 4+ years in a Planning, Store Planning or Allocation role, within brick and mortar or ecommerce
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with an emphasis on building partnerships, managing conflict and negotiating. Ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to develop high level strategic plans and manage the detailed follow-thru
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of personal computers with experience in use of programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, & Google docs